This is my general diary of thoughts, art, and words.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Day 1 - NO TV

So after a long heated discussion with my wife last night we decided to go with out TV for a while instead of using it as an excuse for not getting things done. KIm did some blogging and I pulled out my accoustic Guitar and restrung it and tried to remember what Michael Ward taught me. Well, needless to say I definitaly remember little to nothing of what I learned. LOL. I guess it really is important to practice. It was strange not watching TV. I did not really realize how addicted I was to it. Like tonight is the first new episodes of smallville and alias for this season. It was reall hard not to watch. I think I am gooing to call Todd Fadel and see if he has an opening for guitar lessons. Tomorrow night is Serenity I am looking forward to finally sharing the experiance kim and I had back in march with our friends tomorrow night. As for Diabetes I am back on the bandwagon again tested last 133mg which is not to bad and is a much better start than 300mg. next blog update NIN concert experiance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandalynn said...

What is it that we gain from TV anyway? Why cant we sit in silence? Well, I know the suspense of a new TV series has countless times been a motivational tool that has gotten us to spend time together. And rare is the moment we actually watched TV silently. So I thank you TV!

12:32 PM

 
Blogger BethInPortland said...

Jon and I did not own a TV for the first 5 years we were married! We definitely got a lot more done and spent a lot more quality time together. However, we did become hopelessly behind on pop culture references. Let's just say, I see "Friends" until it the re-runs came on. (Don't tell Kim!)

11:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home