This is my general diary of thoughts, art, and words.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Diabetes-not as fun as you think?

So as I have said before I am a type 2 non insulin dependent Diabetic. Good news I am starting to get it under control again. So far I have lost 5lbs of 90lbs I need to loose and my blood sugar is now between 165-190 mg rather than 230 - 300 mg that I was experiencing a week before. My first goal is to get down under 250 lbs in the next 2 months about 7 lbs a month I know this is ambitious but it is necessary to get weight down to manage the disease better. So I am at least on the right track and I have my 6 month check up on July first.
I will try to give a weekly update on this and hopefully in the next few weeks I will try to get some art work up here in the next few days.

This was funny kinda sophomoric :

http://www.misternicehands.com/

4 Comments:

Blogger Erik said...

1300 calories a day and exercise. that's the ticket. but it's not a pleasant ride. ditto to "bring it on" and feel the burn!
i could talk about my colon cleansing last week, but i won't. lucky you.

11:17 PM

 
Blogger Bonikastjames said...

Hey Travis, I'm proud of you for doing something about it. I would love to go for a walk or hike with you sometime if you are interested!

8:37 AM

 
Blogger Bonikastjames said...

P.S. the fart thing is hilarious!

8:38 AM

 
Blogger Travis said...

Thank you all for you wonderful comments I love all and thank you for your support. Eagle creek up the gorge is my favorite hiking place.

12:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home