This is my general diary of thoughts, art, and words.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The LONG and short of it...

Last night I began reading the Lord of the Rings books to get me in the flow of Fantasy again as I prep for the drawing of the comic, for it is set in this type of time period rather 16th, 17th and 18th century pirates. And don't get me wrong I love the movies and find them extremely phenomenal, however after reading the first 100 pages I am totally transfixed on the story and find the movies rather dull in story compared to these books. I love the dialogue and the imagery is so superb that I do not even see Elijah as Frodo. It may sound like I am speaking ill of the movies when I am not. They are like a dream and capture the books wonderfully, but the books themselves are so breathtaking that no movie could actually capture the sheer grandeur that is these books.
Anyway, I was sick Monday and Tuesday, it was strange I could do most things for a little while, but if I exerted myself I would just crash no energy. It was like I had a fever, but I could not find the thermometer to verify this. I tossed and turned Monday night until 4am when it seemed that whatever was plaguing me broke its hold and I slept until Kim got up to work, which was about 6am. I continued to feel better all day Tuesday and did some work from home and slept. The strange thing about being sick is always the weird dreams. My weirdest fever dream is one where I am a strong man in a circus you know the bald guy with handle bar mustache, wearing the tiger skins and wrestling boots. Well in the dream I am trying to lift a match, the strike anywhere kind, and I can't do it. It pains me so much that the dream usually was followed by me waking up and me running to bathroom to... well you know it was the Flew you figure that part out.
Well, the short we had a meeting yesterday here and they basically told us that they are giving raises only to people who are below industry standards. Here is the rub, I work for a start up company and they started 5 years ago and well we are growing. However, my fellow co-workers, in the back office or tech support department and me are being told we are important but not worth more than what they pay us for. I really need a new career. I am going to go back to school to finish my degree, but I am struggling with direction. I want to do something in Art, but I want to get paid. So I was thinking graphic arts and advertising. I am waiting right now to hear from the art institute of Portland. Catch you all later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home